Sunday, June 06, 2004

A wooden swing set costs WHAT???

Ahh, children... You only want to teach them the ways of life and please them. One way my wife and I were trying to vie for my daughters approval was to get her a swing set. Okay, maybe I wasn't looking for her approval, more like give her something to do out back to giving me more time for me, he he. I know, I know, you're a bad father monkeyboy. Oh yeah, well stuff it ( EEEEEEEEEEEHH - monkey scream in your face ).

Anyways, we drive around town and find a little shop that specializes in wooden swing sets. We all go to check it out. We fell in love with this place as soon as we stepped in. I mean these sets were georgous. Hell, after spending 5 minutes there, I wanted to buy one for myself.

After teasing my daughter for about 8 hours, we query the salesman for a price list. ( And so it begins ) He pulls out this "configuration catalog". I should have known by first glance that this was out of a poor man's range because the catalog had not prices for the different configurations. I mean, out of all the catalogs I have looked through, they always had the little letter along side the item that referenced a price for the item in the price list. But not these extremely overpriced catalogs that only some A-list movie star could purchase.

Anyways, I notice there aren't any prices listed for each configurations. Of course, my ignorant butt asks about it. Awkwardly the guy chuckles, as if to say, "I don't even know why you came here". So I chuckle back like, "shut your trap and show me the damn price list". Finally this joker pulls out the price list. To my amazement, there isn't a single configuration under $4000.00. My mouth hit the floor and a couple of teeth fell out. I couldn't believe it. I mean the most expensive set at Wal-Mart was $400.00, so I am thinking these fools have gotten a bit zero crazy, wtf!

To make it worse, he starts telling me that there was a guy that had come in the week before we did and flat out purchased a configuration for $10,000.00. Which I am sure he told me this to never step foot back into his store. In which case I chuckle again, trying to refrain from flipping him off and jamming my finger through his left nostril to scratch and cut his frontal lobe, that bastard!!!

Yeah, I don't know where I was going with this story, but I felt I needed to tell ya. Hell, maybe indirectly I was trying to warn you to shop around before thinking about getting a "wooden" swing set. Ahhhh, enough of my monkey ramblings. See, how can a monkey code with this type of stuff festering in his head??

OOH OOH EEH EEH

2 comments:

mudface said...

Hey, you can have my Ghetto Swing Set for free. Rusty nails included, free of charge. =)

-m

monkeyboy said...

I would, but my daughter would have to be caught up on her shots. I know I know, bad monkeyboy. WATEVA!!