Sunday, June 06, 2004

Block Drop Progress Report #1

Alright, here is my first progress report for my game "Block Drop".

Right now the base interface for the game is complete. I don't have any screenshots up till this point. Next report will have screenshot (nothing spectacular mind you).

The random block generator has been completed. I may refine it to statistically generate blocks so that one block doesn't happen to appear more than another. But that is a feature that can be cut out if need be.

I have some interesting ideas for "Power Blocks". This idea I think will make my game stand out more than the other clones. I will present these in another progress report. They may even have their own, we'll see when I get there.

Also, in the middle of design the webpage for the game as well. That will be another in depth resource to follow the progress of the game. I will post the link once it is ready.

I am still having a problem trying to figure out why my input system isn't working across different systems consistently. I am still on the hunt for a solution to that problem.

Well, that is just a little update to the game. Not much mentioned here. The next one will have a bit more detail and screenshots of its progress. Hell, I may even come up with a consistent format for these progress report. We'll see though, I have never been known to be the formal type. Well, you know the drill...

OOH OOH EEH EEH

2 comments:

mudface said...

This game going to be 1 or 2 players? Also, how about a multiplayer mode?

-m

monkeyboy said...

Initially, I am planning on 1 player. But I am still exploring the idea of a multiplayer mode of up to 4 players. But depending on how the development goes for 1 player will dictate the inclusion of the multiplayer mode.