Saturday, July 10, 2004

Block Drop Progress Report #5

What was updated?
Okay, first I want to say, instead of working on the blocks and how they interact with the game board, I decided to implement the state management system.

This is an important system and will directly effect how and where I implement the block system. This system isolates each game state to function on it's own. Each game state is managed by a state manager. It is the responsibility of the state manager to track and process the active state.

Each game state has 2 main responsibilities, to process each frame of animation and to handle state specific user input.

This system allows me to handle a single key differently with each game state. This will provide a lot of flexibility. Also, if I need to add or remove states, this will be done by adding/removing a state class.


What's being worked on this week?
Now I will get into the building of the blocks and how they interact. This will probably take about a month to implement. I will still update my blog weekly to keep everyone posted on progress. This will involve collision detection/response, organization of the block components, and the line monitoring system.

Also, if this doesn't seem to make sense, I am a bit tired, so post clarification questions in the comments area. I have enable anonymous posts too so that you don't have to have a blog account to comment. Well, let me get back to the lab.

OOH OOH EEH EEH

2 comments:

mudface said...

All good, but where are the SCREENS?! SCREENS! =)

monkeyboy said...

Actually, I am gonna post them tonight because I create s simple gui system for the game....