Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Oh Monkeyboy...where are you???

Okay, first I need to apologize for no SCREENSHOTS! It is all Fedora's fault! Ever since I was on this revolution kick for freedom, I have wanted nothing more these past weeks to become Linux Master Supreme. Well, all I have to show for it is my shaky intern status. The adjustment to Linux is great, but not without its hiccups. I am getting better and better each day. On my way to grand master, Hai!

Now for Block Drop. I have been working on a SoundServer interface that allows me to manage a pool of songs and samples to cut the overhead of reloading a highly used sound resource multiple times (be nice to your CPUs). That is done, and I have a couple of demos showing its capabilities. I plan to integrate it into the game soon. It supports file formats: WAVE, AIFF, RIFF, MP3, and OGG (ahem, my man SDL_mixer =P).

And for all of you out there that can't wait for the next monkeyboy update well, kiss my fanny and wait! It's coming! Mark my words...

Also, I have a big secret that I don't want to reveal until you see me on the cover of "Game Developer Magazine". Man, once everything is right, I will be on my way!! Man I am SO EXCITED!!

And for those that know, one word and I will pound your face in!! >=/ Oh, and have a nice day!!

Got a banana for me???
OOH OOH EEH EEH

3 comments:

monkeyboy said...

Yeah, not sure. But I know I am one... OOH OOH EEH EEH!

mudface said...

Cool to see you working on it. I'd like to take a look at it sometime.. Also, what's the big secret? Tell me, tell me, tell me!

monkeyboy said...

No can do my friend. Bad luck will come the minute I tell someone about it!