Saturday, March 25, 2006

Boost Library Unit Test Framework

Alright, I know I have been away for a long while, but I'm back. And once again, so is Block Drop. This has been a project of mine that has been in development for a long time. It has experienced numerous architecture and platform changes. Mostly because of my interests changing so frequently. But that's okay, because it gives me a reason to learn something new.

Since we employ XP practices at work, I wanted to encorporate some of those practices to my Block Drop project. The first I intend to use is Test Driven Development (TDD). My first task was to find a good unit testing framework for C++. I narrowed the search down to CPPUnit and the boost::unit_test_framework. Both appeared to lack the ease of use as some of the Java test frameworks, but they seemed the easiest to get going and work with from my perspective.

I am thinking I will choose the boost library version because I intend to use the other features the boost library offers (i.e. smart_pointers, program_options, and possibly others). This will also bring the number of included libraries down.

OOH OOH EEH EEH

2 comments:

mudface said...

Its about time you've updated this..jeeze. =)

monkeyboy said...

I know. I will try and do a lot better than before.